RFOptic’s small size analog RFoF cards are available for companies who need RF over Fiber technology in their products. This card, either Tx or Rx, comes as a board with optical, RF connector and DC interface. A control/diagnostic port is available in a small size micro USB interface on board. It is an excellent solution for companies who need to add an RF over Fiber capability to their portfolio.
The RF over Fiber link is comprised of 2 cards; Tx and Rx, that are identical in size.
Both the Tx and Rx cards include LNAs and variable attenuators that enable selecting the Noise Figure, Input P1dB, IP3 over a wide range values to customize the dynamic range of the link.
The LNA of the transmitter can be activated through the RFoF software, allowing exceedingly low RF input power down to -100dBm/MHz for wideband applications, with a typical low Noise Figure of 6dB. The RFoF link has excellent gain flatness and can be adjusted to provide 0.5dB gain tracking between different links.
For special applications requiring temperature stability operation, a unique algorithm supporting ±0.5dB variation over a wide temperature range of -200C to +700C has been developed. The RFoF modules are designed to operate using a flexible DC supply voltage from 5 to 12 Volts.
A user-friendly RFoF software enables monitoring and adjustment of the RF and Optical parameters, such as link gain, Noise Figure, P1dB, Optical power, status LED indication and module information, either locally or remotely.
Furthermore, the RFoF link has full diagnostic capability, including Tx, Rx and complete link test (Optical and RF). These features, without any additional test equipment, provide real time diagnostic of any deployed link.
Do you have questions or want to learn more? Contact Us.
- Next Generation RFoF modules with significant performances improvement
- Available at 0.05 MHz – 2.5GHz, 0.05 MHz – 3GHz, 0.05 MHz – 6GHz
- Better linearity, excellent gain flatness, and Tx, Rx and Link gain control
- Can be configured to Noise Figure down to 6 dB with LNA and IP3 of -10dBm
- End-to-end diagnostics reduces integration and maintenance time, enabled by software
- Gain variation S21(fo) of ±1 dB for 90° C variation, utilizing special algorithm
- Impedances of 50 Ohm and 75 Ohm
- Optional built in Tx Bias-T with +5V and up to 200mA drive
- Customization is available upon request and min quantity